Wednesday, 16 July 2014

My "Not Going to The Retreat" Treats!

I am not going to the FQR this year. I am kind of sad as there looks to be some fab classes and it's always nice to get the opportunity to meet up with online friends out in the real world. Although lots of people I know well can't go this year too. Instead I decided I could buy a few things as a little treat. The latest arrived in the post today.

This was two bundles that I bought from Kaelin's huge studio sale. It was a great destash it was hard not to buy more. I'm surprised if she has any fabric left now.
Fabric pretties

I bought these beauties from M is for Make.
_MG_5763a

And then this lovely lot arrived from Pink Castle Fabrics

_MG_5831c

All that looks yummy stacked up into a big pile.

_MG_5838a

And whilst I'm not normally a quilt mag sort of person I did subscribe for to Quilt Now with the great three issues for £5 deal. So from the end of August I have that to look forward to. I just missed getting my subscription from the first issue.

Making the bag the other day I realised how short on polyester thread I am, so I may have to go shopping for thread next. I won't rule out the odd fq falling into my basket and then I'd best get stitching up a storm. 









12 comments:

Kay said...

Well, as I am not going either it seems I am very justified in going shopping then. I will have to see what i can find on Friday when I pop out for a few hours.

Diane-crewe said...

now this is a great idea .. I may just have to do some retail therapy.. fabric wise ....as I am not going either xx LOVE your choice of fabric and colour xx

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

:( I'm not going either. Lovely fabric binge to make up for it though! You've picked some of my favourite prints!

mumasu said...

There's a theme going on here! I'm not going either, sure everyone who is will have a great time though. Loving those fabrics :)

Flying Blind... said...

I am going (sad you are not), but I seem to have pre-ordered quite a lot of fabric too!!!

Sarah said...

aahh, a "not going to the retreat" shop... now theres an idea.... lol

Katy Cameron said...

Wow, that lot might have paid for the ticket lol

Janet said...

You've acquired quite a lovely selection of new fabric! Hope it makes up for not going to the retreat.

SewLittleToSay said...

What a great idea and you've chosen some lovely fabric. I'm not going to FQR this year either and I might be tempted to follow your lead.

pennydog said...

I'm not going either- should I take your lead and get myself a stitch in the ditch machine foot to cheer me up do you think?

Archie the wonder dog said...

Gorgeous fabric! I hope you have a lovely weekend, even though you're not at FQR!

Run Quilt Knit Write said...

Me neither…maybe next year!