Thursday, 19 June 2014

Slacking

I've had a busy couple of weeks. Not helped by a stomach related bug that hasn't come out properly, just lingered around sapping my energy and either giving me a blinding head ache or making me need the loo at in opportune moments. It's meant lots of cancelling of non-urgent plans (particularly ones involving eating out.) whilst trying to limp through getting essential stuff done. Like making sure the car got in for it's MOT and service. (Passed. Phew!)

I've had no extra capacity for sewing. Which has really been frustrating me as I've planned my next couple of birdie blocks and have other sewing I'd like to be getting on with. Not least making some more cushion covers. I've a woeful shortage of cushions about the place. Hard to believe I know!

I've also completely slacked on photographing the lovely (and mainly bird related in some way) mail I've been getting lately. I think I need to get on with that and do one big blog post with all those pretties.

I've also slacked because my 4th Blogiversary has just passed and I'd planned on doing a give away. Only I've not got that full organised. I promise I'll get that organised soon.

I did treat myself to some new bed linen from my local Asda. French text on pillow cases and fitted sheets. I've relegated the duvet to the spare room for the rest of the summer and am sleeping under my vintage sheet quilt. Which is about the only quilt I've made that is just about bed sized. It was a tad cool to sleep under just that, so I opted for another not-quite-bed-sized quilt on top of that. It's all very eclectic and cosy but it makes me smile when I go to bed and when I wake up too.

All Change



9 comments:

  1. I love sleeping under a stack of quilts - it's the cosiest thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bedding! Hope you feel 100% again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may need to pop to Asda to have a look at the lovely bedding. Hope you feel all tip top soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you kick that germ soon. The new bed linen looks cosy. Enjoy that comforting feeling of going to a bedroom that makes you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon! Your sewing awaits...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, winter duvet is too warm, summer duvet not quite warm enough. my one big bed patchwork quilt big enough for the bed but not when husband hogs it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon - fun to sleep under a quilt you have made yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel better soon. Enjoy snuggles under your quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh, I'm doing the quilt mashup too right now! Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)