Friday, 3 January 2014

Vintage Sheeting and a New Year Project

Charms and FQ's and the last fabric I'll be buying for 6 months!

Apart from any vintage sheets that I might come across in the odd charity shop (because really I couldn't leave them behind as it's quite rare for me to find them.) this is the last fabric I intend buying for the next 6 months! I bought these lovelies from Mary (Vintage sheet pimp and general vintage sheet loveliness enabler.) who has had a 30% off in her shop these last few days. (The 30% ends today so you do need to sprint along if you want to pick yourself up some vintage sheet loveliness!) Of course I had to take advantage of that 30% off because Mum has a birthday coming up at the end of February and has already mentioned how warm the last quilt is I made her and I thought she might like a vintage sheet quilt for when the plus quilt is in the wash.

I have also agreed to join in with round two of the UK and Ireland Vintage Sheet swap - again organised by Mary. There is still time to join in if you have some vintage sheeting you'd like to swap. Go to the flickr group here for more details. Be warned though it got me completely addicted!  (Mum's birthday will have passed before we've got our sheets back which was a good excuse reason to snap up the above charms and fq's from Mary.)

I am thinking a simple squares quilt for Mum. I know I've done this before (and not just with vintage sheets.) But I do love the simplicity of it, especially for showing off the vintage sheet patterns.  I am hoping to get out vintage sheet hunting next week. Wish me luck!




8 comments:

  1. What, you managed to convert your mum to the vintage sheets?! Wow, looking forward to seeing it :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm eagerly awaiting the swap too! Can't wait to see how this quilt comes out.

    P.S. If you happen to run short on charms and can't wait till the swap to get some extras I *might* know someone with ready cut charms willing to swap for scraps ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck- that yellow floral print is very prevalent- I have a couple of pillowcases in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with the charms and good luck in fabric rehab ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good grief I ma sure I had beddding in at least 3 of those fabrics!! No idea what heppened to them .. possibly a charity shop ... long ago xx hope some one has bought them and used xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are as good at excuses as I am - 3 days into 2014 and I have resisted all sales so far ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Money well spent. I'm inspired by Mary's scrappy trip along and so I've abandoned my vintage star idea, but by the time I get around to it .... There might be something else in fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something is wrong with my blog reader, only just seen this! Anyway thanks for the mention, look forward to seeing what you make and what fabrics you decide to share

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)