Monday, 27 January 2014

Overwhelmed (Picture heavy post!)

I have been seriously overwhelmed this last week. I really don't know where to begin. I sort of feel now how it was for people that went to Fat Quarterly Retreat that first year and came back and wanted to blog about it all, only they felt too overwhelmed and didn't know where to start. There has been lovely presents, surprises and a few meals out with more to come in the next fortnight.  I had lovely pressies from stitchy friends which I haven't even managed to photograph yet. So I'll just leave you a few photos to give you an idea of the celebrations.


40th Birthday

I woke up to find my neighbours had put three helium balloons and some flowers in my porch.

40th Birthday
Chief cooked me some yummy pancakes

40th Birthday
He bought me not one but two bunches of flowers

40th Birthday

He also bought me some more helium balloons because a girl can never have too many!

Opening more presents!

He also bought me some new walking boots (and a bag to keep them in. Which has a big skull on it.) He even let me wear his lucky 'boro hat when my head was cold.

Me modelling my new boots

We had a walk before a yummy lunch and I took some nice birdie pics (Well I think they're nice.)

First trip to Farmoor 2014

First trip to Farmoor 2014

I couldn't see bro and his family on the day because of a car accident leaving them with no transport.
Thankfully nobody was hurt. It meant I got more pressies another day!

Opening more presents!

These are the flowers from my neighbours and only a few of my lovely cards!

blessed

Chief came back for the weekend. We changed our plans and went to The Living Rainforest.

Chief pics
We had lunch at Macdonalds one the way home and I scored some vintage pillowcases in a charity shop
more on that in another post!

We had a relaxing afternoon playing word games before we went out for a fabulous Turkish meal.

Our Mezze
Our mezze sharing food. What was my favourite? - all of it!
I sat drinking Woo Woos!
But later we had some Turkish tea.

Turkish tea


Enjoying a Turkish Tea 
I think these are protection symbols. They're in a case you walk over to get into the restaurant.

Protection in the entrance way

So can you see why I'm overwhelmed still?









15 comments:

  1. enjoy the wonderful times you are having .. and long may they last xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures!! Sounds like a brilliant birthday! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky, lucky girl! You deserve some nice times, though - the Universe has a lot of making up to do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased you had/are having a wonderful birthday. The pale pink tulips are gorgeous. When I turned 40 I went into mourning for my lost youth and wore black from head to toe all day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! and those blue eyes were explained to us, as anti bad luck symbols! you get one when you get something new... Ward off jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday and many happy returns. Looks like you had an excellent time and some lovely presents :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it has been absolutely fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, totally called it on the birds ;o) Also, I take it that hat's meant to be lucky for him rather than the team firmly planted in the middle of the Championship ;o)

    Glad you've been having fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had such a great birthday Jan and I just love the hat you're wearing in the Living Rainforest....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now we know how old you are ;) I too want a magnificent bird fascinator..... Sounds like a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best bit is how happy you look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely lovely!!!!!! Happy birthday to you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like the best birthday ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy times no doubt. So pleased for you and really hope it heralds a better year for you in 2014. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)