Thursday, 9 January 2014

Getting back into the groove

I'm doing pretty well at the Fabric Fasting/Diet business. I have looked at a few sales - only with the intention of window shopping and not succumbed. Ditto all the lovely destash pictures to tempt me on IG. Often what I'd have really LOVED has already been snapped up, so that helps keep me on the straight and narrow. 

I have however, purchased quite a lot of wadding. There are some WIP's I've not bothered working on because I know even if I pieced and sorted backing I don't have enough wadding to finish them. I'm hoping with plenty of wadding on hand I'll be able to get sewing and finished a few in the coming months.

I managed to play with a fabric a bit this week when I sorted out some scraps to post off to Helen.  I can now get the lid on my scrap box. But it would be good to get those lovely scraps put to good use with a few fun small projects, so I'm joining up with Sarah@FairyFace Designs new linky to put scraps to work this year. If you're scraps are getting out of hand you may want to join in and get motivated to use up scraps.

FairyFace Designs

Having hung the lovely hoop that Reene made me in the FQR sample Swap, I've decided that I'd definitely like to hang more in my sewing area.  I'm sure I could use some scraps with a bit of embroidery or machine embroidery to make myself another hoop. There are plenty of other things I could use scraps to make too: Pin cushions, pouches, cushions, phone cosy, thread catcher, table mats...oh the list of possibilities are endless when I think about it. 

So if you'll excuse me I'm off to play with fabric. It's high time I got sewing again.


12 comments:

pennydog said...

Go Jan! I'm going on an actual diet and feel like the fabric diet may not work if I'm trying to be good in other areas but so far so good (only 10 days in though)! Everyone seems to be having a scrappy January, I love it!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Sounds like you're raring to go, brilliant!

memmens said...

Yay! I'm guessing vintage sheets don't come into your fast? I got the Hoop-la book for Christmas and that has some great ideas for hoop art. I've tempted by the scrap thing too and might make some economy blocks from my boxes of scraps.

Catherine said...

I need to pop over to Sarah's and join up too, high time I used up some scraps

Fiona @ Poppy Makes said...

Yay! Go Jan, go!

Ada Kopitopoulou said...

I am sewing up some scraps. Made an agenda cover and Christmas placemats. Lots of scraps to go still!
Sales fabric window shopping without buying? For me this would go like the food diets I am doing for years. Find a reason to break it when someone offers me something delicious!

Canadian Abroad said...

You sound off to a flying start indeed. It's good to hear you full of plans and inspiration.

Diane-crewe said...

have fun .. and definatly get layering those projects .. its all sewing x

Flying Blind... said...

I am committed (or should be!) too xxx

Flying Blind... said...

I am committed (or should be!) too xxx

mammafairy said...

Have a good play!

Katy Cameron said...

Happy scrap playing! I have a carefully select set of scraps set aside for something, but as I said to Sarah, I think it'll be a wee while before I get to play with them :o(