Monday, 6 January 2014

An Awfully Big Year

On New Years Day my sister-in-law had a milestone birthday. New Years Day can be a pretty poor day to try and celebrate. People are often tired and hung over from seeing the New Year in and if you can find a restaurant that can take a booking, it never seems quite right some how. My SIL decided that a few girl friends and family should go out for a meal the following Saturday. It was a good excuse to get a bit dressed up. (Although two many chocolates over Christmas meant my boobage would not fit into my first choice of party dress.)

Claire's 50th The Thatch, Thame
I rarely wear head to toe black for fear of
doing the "Merry Widow" look

New Years Day kicked off what is to be a year of (MBC's) Milestone Birthday Celebrations. I have one later in the month. It's hardly surprising that my school friends are having the same milestone birthday. (I had to decline another party invite Saturday night too!) But it appears an awful lot of my stitchy mates are having that same milestone birthday this year.  As January is just rubbish to try and get people together: The prospect of snow, scary weather and people all partied out from Christmas, I decided that I'd turn the whole year into a reason to celebrate. That way I can get together with people all through the year and use it as an excuse to celebrate.  The only problem was on Saturday night everyone kept asking what I was planning and I only have a few things in the pipeline which may or may not come off. So I didn't want to jinx them by talking about them.  Not to mention not knowing what Chief has planned. I'm not entirely sure he knows himself yet.


Milestone birthday celebrations
Me and the birthday girl

Claire's 50th The Thatch, Thame
The rest of the party

I wrote Sunday off, I hadn't had much sleep Saturday night and just felt like curling up under a quilt on the sofa watching TV. The original plan had been to sew. I'm yet to make a single stitch this year so far!  There is always this week...

11 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I love the black and the lace is so pretty. A year of celebrating sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this positive post, and yes you look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a good night was had, your dress is lovely. You look really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a good girlie night out. Hope Chief has something special planned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what ever you do .. have a fun time xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for great nights out!

    Hope Chief has something fab up his sleeve, and no bosses to thwart it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Chief is going to be in soooooooooooooooo much trouble if he doesn't come up with the goods!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely :-) Milestone birthday for me this year too - aagh!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are in for a busy year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)